Thursday, June 3, 2010

May Meeting 2010


We had a great May meeting, here’s a short recap:
Our May meeting was at Gloria Hannon’s house. Book: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. It was a small gathering. In attendance were Diane Casto, Angie Crichett, Karen Massey, Linda Miles, Debbie Roll, Barb Thomas, and of course, Gloria Hannon. The book opened up some interesting discussions about education, cultural differences, and definitions of success. We all agreed that defining success in only monetary terms, was a flaw in one of Mr. Gladwell’s premises. We wished more of our teacher members had been present for our education discussions. We also discussed our Christmas meeting plans, and while not completely final, we did definitely decide that we would not have a book for December, but that we would have our ornament exchange, and would provide our book selections for our 2011 reading agenda.

2 comments:

  1. Gloria, thanks for sending me the information from the May meeting. I am sorry that I was not able to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad to see the comments to catch up on what I missed. I did love the book and I often reflect on some of the educational aspects of it. Hope to see you all in June.
    Margie

    ReplyDelete